ArcadeCollecting.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 10:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Yay, a message board!
319 Posts in 114 Topics by 43 Members
Latest Member: deejaymc
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ArcadeCollecting.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  PCB pictures
| | |-+  Unknown Boards
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unknown Boards  (Read 6005 times)
GraSak

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2005, 12:35:35 AM »

Hi Tim ........ greets from Australia !

That pcb will most definitely be a bootleg Robocop. Quite a huge board ! (obviously replacing customs with logic)  Wink
tim
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 06:30:40 PM »

Thank you sir. I've moved the pic to Data East.

If there are any other unknowns anyone has got, feel free to post 'em here!

In case you didn't read the post about it, you don't need to find a host for your pics. You can attach them to your messages here. Click on Additional Options in the lower left corner of your new message area to add pics.
juan_taff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 03:30:47 PM »

Hi,
Just bought a table arcade machine with an unknown pcb. The board is faulty, just gibberish on screen, so I would like to know what it is so I can find out the pinout (it's non jamma), also try and replace the roms. I attach a pic of the pcb, hope someone can help!
Jon

* DSC00005.JPG (707.03 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 1255 times.)
tim
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »

That is a hack of some game on Galaxian type hardware. Really a bit bizarre that they cut off the front half of the PCB and put different kind of connectors on there.

What do the ROM labels say? It's hard to tell. Might be able to look up the common Galaxian hacks by company if there's a company name there.

I seriously doubt the pinout info is going to be available on the internet considering the crazy new connectors they added.

If it's working enough to show gibberish on the screen then the cabinet's harness is probably wired correctly. Usually gibberish on the screen means the CPU isn't running the program. It looks like they moved the CPU from it's usual spot and put it on that daughterboard. So it could  be a bad CPU, bad ribbon cable, bad clock crystal or bad ROMs.

If you can dump the ROMs, it should be a lot easier to ID by looking at the ROMs or having someone who's good at such things look at them.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 08:09:47 PM by tim » Logged
Stefan Lindberg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 04:14:02 PM »

Looks like it says "Novatronic" on the daughterboard... sounds familiar but i can't find any info when googling about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: