ArcadeCollecting.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 05:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Yay, a message board!
319 Posts in 114 Topics by 43 Members
Latest Member: deejaymc
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ArcadeCollecting.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  How many coin operated games do you own?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: How many coin operated games do you own?
none - 2 (22.2%)
1 - 0 (0%)
2 to 5 - 3 (33.3%)
6 to 10 - 2 (22.2%)
11 to 20 - 2 (22.2%)
50 + - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How many coin operated games do you own?  (Read 8423 times)
Joeylc

OverWorked Slot Tech

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2005, 09:01:21 PM »

How many coin operated games do you own?

if I bring home any more games my wife is going to kill me

In the shop I have....    Roll Eyes

1 bally motodome pinball working.
1 space invaders working.
1 tron need to fix the cabnet.
1 frogger  need to fix the cabnet.
2 upright cabnets no games in them...
1 Universal $ reel slot missing the hopper and power supply.
1 IGT fortune 1 draw poker missing the game roms.
1 bally $ 1088 needs a hopper.
1 bally 25 cent E-2000 DOA
1 bally 5 cent E-2000 working
and to manny parts to list.... and no time to get it all done   Grin

All to often the "hard to find" or "most expensive" component will sacrifice itself in an attempt to save the two cent "fuse"

I've gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ?-?-?
tim
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 10:43:14 AM »

I've gotten a few more cabs that I haven't added to the site yet...

Lazarian (Bally/Midway) -- Monitor missing the chassis. Have a whole new monitor on the way from Arcade Renovations. They were having Halloween sale -- free shipping on orders over $50, plus thier 19" monitors were listed at $169. Can't beat that! So I ordered 2.

Q-Bert -- I got the marquee signed by Warren Davis (one of the original programmers). Has a new CPO, repro bezel. Side art is perfect on one side, but slightly torn on the other.

Great Guns -- I've spent about 10 hours trying to repair the PCB with no luck. It's so close, but no boot! Sad

Tempest -- Very nice condition but the monitor stopped working after the recent move. Now it just displays brief flashes of the green text.

Gravitar -- Also very nice condition but the top half of the picture disappeared.

The rest of the collection is still here but needs attention:

I, Robot -- hits a black hole a lot until after it warms up.

Speed Buggy -- missing a monitor. Stole it for some other game. New one on the way from Arcade Rennovations!

eDoT -- works good still. Cabinet needs reinforcement before moving again. Need to track down the bug in my freeplay code.

Boulderdash -- works good. Cartridge out on loan.

Mad Planets -- working good.

Robotron -- board died *again* so I MAME'd it without hacking up any of the original wiring/controls. Boots straight into Robotron but you can call up a menu by hitting Start 1 and Start 2 at the same time, which gives a list of all the other dual stick games to play.

Crazy Climber -- Finally obtained a replacement for the missing t-molding. Now it's nearly perfect! Just need to figure out why my patches to the high score entry routines and freeplay code make you fall off the building for no reason more often than usual.

Cloak and Dagger -- working good! Need to find a new speaker assembly.

Snacks 'n Jaxson -- Only stays on for about 30 seconds before crackling noises and shuts off. Something in the power supply.

MAME cab -- I finally wired up a control panel for this cabinet I've had forever. It came with a 27" VGA monitor and a sound amp. Former Golf game that ran off a PC so it was the perfect candidate for MAMEing. I put 2 leaf switch red ball sticks, 6 buttons, Tempest spinner, brand new Happ controls trackball, three interface buttons and a left mouse click button. Installed GameTap in it. Pretty slick!

« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:52:58 PM by tim » Logged
Stefan Lindberg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 05:06:51 PM »

I have none... since using supergun fits me well Cheesy
tim
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 07:43:47 PM »

The monitors arrived from Arcade Rennovations today. They're Betson Imperial 19" color monitors. The frame was nearly a perfect match for the one in the Lazarian. I was able to move the smoked monitor plexi assembly over to the new monitor with no problems. The power cord had a different type of connector than the original, but it still plugged right in and worked. The only thing I had to do was move the sync wires over all on to one connector instead of the two different connectors it had originally. It was a simple thing to just extract the pins and stick them in the right spot.

Unfortunately, there's some kind of problem with the Lazarian PCB now. Looks like the main CPU is not running as I just get a static screen full of garbage at powerup. Gotta pull the board and put it on the bench to see what's going on.

It's hard to judge the picture quality on the new monitors without a good picture, so I'll reserve judgement on that aspect until I get the game working or until I see how the other one looks in the Speed Buggy cab.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 07:50:45 PM by tim » Logged
71cuda

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 03:14:47 PM »

I have three Universal Cosmic Aliens.
  1 An upright that is restored.
  2 A cocktail that works good. I would like to give it a new top and monitor. Roll Eyes
  3 An upright (older) version, all original.

* cosmic 003.jpg (15.15 KB, 320x240 - viewed 789 times.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 03:11:46 PM by 71cuda » Logged
Jamster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 02:22:30 PM »

Today, I have none. I will be fixing that problem this Saturday in Nashville, TN with the arcade machine auction. I'm hoping to pick up a Pac-Man. It was the first game I really got into, so I want that to be the first in my colleciton. I plan on buying a minimum of two games Saturday, a maximum of four.
backflipper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 01:24:37 PM »

Hello,
I have:

1x Atari Lunar (I desperalty need parts for this!)
2x Pinballs (Bally Paragon,Premier Class of 1812)
2x Nichibutsu Cocktail Monn Crestas
2x Tatio Cocktail Space invaders
3x Electrocoin Xenons (Genric jamma)
1x Virtua Racer Upright
1x Other Generic Jamma Cab

Want to trade bits from the SI cocktails to restoremy poor old lunar lander but I think it's gonna take some time.

BF
vaxx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 03:57:52 AM »

Lets see.  All this stuff is under wraps at the moment until i finish the shed (time and money permitting Sad )

Asteroids cocktail
 Ipm invaders cocktail ( in a 20" pacman style cab)
 half finished Bosconian midway cocktail
 dead Pole Position 2
 Galaxian upright
 Stunt Cycle upright
 4 generic jamma cabs
 counter top
 33" mame/entertainment/jukebox console
 1 Astrofighter Upright to be restored
 Space Wars
 Irem Moon Patrol Mini

Plus 200 + pcbs
2 half built pinballs
control panels and other crud stashed everywhere Smiley

Have owned quite a few others, probably 30 was the most at once.

daryy
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 06:05:50 AM »

I have three Universal Cosmic Aliens.

1 An upright that is restored.
2 A cocktail that works good. I would like to give it a new top and monitor. Roll Eyes
3 An upright (older) version, all original.

Unfortunately, there's some kind of problem with the Lazarian PCB now. Looks like the main CPU is not running as I just get a static screen full of garbage at powerup. Gotta pull the board and put it on the bench to see what's going on.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:34:50 AM by tim » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: