ArcadeCollecting.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2019, 08:39:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Yay, a message board!
319 Posts in 114 Topics by 43 Members
Latest Member: deejaymc
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ArcadeCollecting.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Reviews
| | |-+  Q*Bert monitor bezel by Arcade Renovations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Q*Bert monitor bezel by Arcade Renovations  (Read 5053 times)
tim
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2005, 02:31:21 PM »

AR had a Halloween sale with free shipping on orders over $50, so I picked up a new Q*Bert monitor bezel for my machine. Mine was starting to suffer from flaking of the artwork, mostly in the black. I'd had my eye on their bezel for quite a while and the sale price put me over the edge.

The bezel arrived in perfect condition, professionally packaged and well protected for shipping.

The print quality of the bezel is fantastic. It's reverse screened onto plexiglass and you can tell that the printing processes used are of the highest quality. Unfortunately, the artist who vectorized the artwork didn't devote as much effort to quality as the printers. A side-by-side comparison of the artwork next to the original shows that a lot of shortcuts were taken in redrawing the art and it's not nearly an exact reproduction. However, if you're not looking at the two side-by-side, you'll probably never notice the difference. A brand new repro from AR makes the cabinet look a lot better than an original flaking bezel. The price was good ($45) so I stuck it on my cab and didn't give it another thought.

Score : 8 out of 10.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:51:01 PM by tim » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: